Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Welcome!

 Greetings Lute Aficionados!


Welcome to my new blog.  I'm not sure there's much I can add to the discourse on the subjects of lutes, early guitars and lute building these days but there have been a few thoughts bouncing around my brain over the last couple of years that might be worthy of sharing.  Perhaps starting this is a way of prompting me to flesh out these ideas and document them.  


To be sure, there are more talented, better trained and more knowledgable in the arts of lutes and lutherie than myself but perhaps some might find this content interesting, maybe even entertaining.  


Modern day lute players have been in good hands with contemporary makers building very fine instruments for them to play.  As more of that generation of artisan luthiers who researched, documented and built the first Historically Informed instruments are reaching retirement as opposed to reaching for a chisel, I feel it is important that whenever possible, knowledge and expertise needs to be shared.  My experience is meager but perhaps this blog would encourage other more experienced makers to share their secrets.  


Some of my posts will be centered around what I'm working on in my shop- some problem that needs to be solved, a way of doing things that could be done better or more efficiently...  I welcome a dialog in the comments or if you might any have questions.  


More soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment